Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Topic Tools
Old November 9th, 2019, 05:11 PM

Well, either way, if you can manually deguass it and that does not help your color issues, then the monitor is failing and no doubt, would not be economically feasible to repair it.

Time to shop for a nice widescreen LCD. If you avoid the cheapest models, give your eyes and brain a little time to get used to it, you will be happy.

Old November 15th, 2019, 10:06 PM

Thank you for caring and all buddy

I had one of those flat screen things on here for a couple weeks after my other relisys went bad and I hated it..... The picture was soft and just horrid looking..... (No way I could see to adjust the contrast (This one sort of looks wierd and now I am missing the other one....... I really wanna get it fixed if possible...... (I may try to see if it will come on LONG ENOUGH for me to copy all the settings down so I can then make the settings the same on this one........)))

I was very happy to get another CRT monitor (The one I just took off for this relisys)
Old November 15th, 2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
I had one of those flat screen things on here for a couple weeks after my other relisys went bad and I hated it.....
Not all LCD monitors are bad. Do you hate your TV too?

Again, if avoid the cheapest models and give your eyes and brain a little time to get used to it, you will like it. I had a couple Sony Trinitrons CRT monitors back in the day. And I sure hated to get rid of them too. And I was disappointed in the first couple of LCD monitors I had too.

But when I finally got a nice pair (I can't live with just one monitor) and a fed them with a decent card and good cables, I was happy again.
Old November 16th, 2019, 12:53 PM

Im glad you were happy my friend.......

Thats important right??
Old November 16th, 2019, 04:27 PM

I see what you are doing there and of course being happy is important. To be sure, the Luddite in me went kicking and scratching the whole way to get there.

I don't blame you for wanting to stick with what makes you happy - as long as it still serves your needs. But now your ancient, legacy, obsolete CRT monitor has bit the dust and is no longer serving your needs. So it is time to move into the digital age of the 21st century as you are about 20 years behind the times (and technologies). And with this tired old CRT finally dying, you really are out of excuses to hang on.

As I said above, I would stay away from the cheapest models, but as you can see here, there are lots of decent, name brand monitors at affordable prices to choose from. And note that is just in the ~24 inch size.
Old December 1st, 2019, 05:21 PM

Im thankful to have my other RELISYS (I got it on ebay)

I do not like those newer monitors......I have always loved CRTs

I dont wanna start a fight or anything......... Its OK that you like LCD stuff

Last edited by The Dude; December 1st, 2019 at 08:47 PM.
Old December 1st, 2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I dfont wanna start a fight or anything......... Its OK that you like LCD stuff
You're not. As I noted a couple weeks ago, I really liked my Sony Trinitron CRT monitors and hated to get rid of them. A lot of people prefer "analog". Did you see where, for the first time since 1986, vinyl (analog) records are soon expected to outsell (digital) CDs? Of course streaming (which is digital) still dominates, but it is nice to know analog is not dead.
Old December 1st, 2019, 08:49 PM

Im glad your not mad buddy,I was worried about that!!

Yes I saw that about records but its all marketing BS today.... Its all digitally sourced and is crap..... ITS NOT ANALOGUE SOURCED like it was in the early 80s and earlier......
Old December 1st, 2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
ITS NOT ANALOGUE SOURCED like it was in the early 80s and earlier......
Yes it is. Sound is analog. Period. The sound out of our mouths is analog. The sound coming off guitar strings (even from electric guitars), drums, horns, and other instruments is all analog. Microphones process only analog. The sound coming out of all speakers is analog. Sound hitting our eardrums is analog. Sound is analog. Period.

New vinyl recordings are analog the whole way. There is no analog to digital and back to analog conversions.
Old December 2nd, 2019, 03:40 AM

No I mean the stuff ON THE RECORD IS DIGITALLY SOURCED not analog....

Maybe ya dont understand what I mean
Old December 2nd, 2019, 04:18 AM

Quote:
No I mean the stuff ON THE RECORD IS DIGITALLY SOURCED not analog....

Maybe ya dont understand what I mean
Ummm, maybe you don't understand how vinyl records are made. They are NOT digitally sourced. Sound from the instruments and from the singers are analog. Voices go through microphones which are analog. Instruments like horns, pianos, drums go through microphones. Instruments that use "pickups" are analog, and go through analog mixers, recorded on analog tape, and pressed into analog masters used to press analog vinyls. No digital sourcing.
Old December 2nd, 2019, 02:51 PM

But what I am saying is MUSIC IS NOT RECORDED ON ANALOG TAPE NOW,its 100% digital (.wav files for example) and that gets put on the record.......

It doesnt sound as good
Old December 2nd, 2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
But what I am saying is MUSIC IS NOT RECORDED ON ANALOG TAPE NOW,its 100% digital
And I am saying that is incorrect!

While certainly still a small percentage, more and more of today's recorded music is slated for vinyl right from the start. So it goes from microphone (which is always analog), through analog mixers and directly on to tape in analog format where it is then pressed on to vinyl. Analog from start to finish, or "AAA" (Analog recording equipment, Analog mastering, Analog media). No A/D or D/A conversion.

Yes, at some point later those recordings surely will be converted to digital format for streaming, etc. But the impetus behind the resurgence of vinyl is not nostalgia for vinyl records. Its because many people simply prefer to tonal qualities analog recordings and reproduction provides.

For the record and full disclosure - as seen via the link in my signature, my entire professional career was supporting Air Traffic Control communications systems and IS/IT systems. But my "first love" in electronics was with audiophile quality sound reproduction. I was even fortunate one year to help out the Mannheim Steamroller (who are headquarterd here in Nebraska) sound engineers with a benefit concert they were giving for the military.

I'm just saying keeping up with the latest technologies and trends is what I do - not just for a living, but for fun too.