Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Topic Tools
Old November 29th, 2018, 01:06 PM

MS Word with Grammarly

Am I the only who faces issues while using Grammarly as an MS Word addin?
Like, most of the times, it skips the mistakes, or even hangs my Word. Removing the Add in from Word and using Grammarly in the Web does not make these issues.

Old November 30th, 2018, 04:54 PM

PC Mag noted that no grammar checker is perfect and Grammarly is no exception. So some missed errors and some bad suggestions will happen.

As for locking up Word, don't know about that. What version of Word? What version of Windows?
Old December 10th, 2018, 09:07 AM

I have never used Grammarly in MS Word. I prefer to check my writings that I'm making for https://edubirdie.com/thesis-writing-help on the web or even type directly in Grammarly to save some time. But in my experience, I hadn't any problem with Grammarly. Maybe you should try the premium version to improve your writings.

Last edited by sharonbrown; December 11th, 2018 at 07:55 AM.
Old December 10th, 2018, 12:29 PM

Not experienced anything of that nature. But I'm not using Grammarly in MS Word all the time though. Did you try simply removing and adding it back, Matt? Might help.
Old December 12th, 2018, 09:59 AM

Thanks for the replies. Yes I have had it removed and add it back. The first two days go without any error but third day onwards, i face frequent lags and dysfunctioning of few features, like the letters not getting Bold/Italic; etc. Infact, the cursor stops working too.
Old December 12th, 2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
PC Mag noted that no grammar checker is perfect and Grammarly is no exception. So some missed errors and some bad suggestions will happen.

As for locking up Word, don't know about that. What version of Word? What version of Windows?
Not that Grammarly suggests me bad replacements, it doesn't let me work properly with Word. While i use the web version (not as Word Add on), it works great.
Old December 12th, 2018, 06:17 PM

Then if me, I would uninstall it. It does not seem worth it to me.

You never did answer what version of Word you are using. I used 2007 for many years and now use 2016. I have found Word's own grammar checker is pretty good but what works best is a trick I learned many years ago in school - and that is to read what I have written out loud. When you read it out load, you force your brain to think in order to operate your voice and you can easily pick up your grammar mistakes.

When you read it to yourself, your brain will often automatically auto-correct and insert missing words, skip an extra word, or automatically change "their" to "there", for example.