Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old March 11th, 2009, 08:41 PM

how do i go about getting a hard drive driver that is xp compatible, the hp site only has driver d/l that are vista compatible

Old March 11th, 2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrain View Post
I would like to thank thegladi8tor; I tweaked his soloution and managed to fix the problem on my HP Pavilion.

This is what I did:
  1. I opened the BIOS/Setup.
  2. I went into the advanced tab.
  3. I changed "SATA1 Configuaration" from RAID to IDE.

I hope that helps anyone else.
where is this advanced tab, i'm working on a hp pavilion also and there is nothing like that in bios.
Old March 13th, 2009, 01:15 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
For those who do not have the option in your bios to run your sata controller in compatibility mode (like me), the easiest way would be to create a xp install disk with the controller drivers slipstreamed onto the disk using nlite os. I recommend that before you do anything, first download and run Belarc Advisor to take a detailed inventory of your system. I also ran the intel chipset advisor and took inventory from the device manager before. I believe most sata controller drivers are to be run in textmode when you slipstream them using nlite os, just make sure that you only use the 32 bit dirvers for xp x86 and 64 bit drivers for xp 64.

Once I found the correct sata controller drivers, the whole process from creating the install disk to installing windows xp took about 2 hrs. And this is on a brand new Gateway m-7350u lappy which is not even listed on their website.
Old April 1st, 2009, 09:49 AM

Thumbs up STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

That's right, Gladiator!!

Incase of HP's 7900 series systems, Go to the BIOS by pressing F10 setup Go to STORAGE options under storage and change the SATA Emulation from AHCI to IDE .
Old April 3rd, 2009, 09:46 AM

My thanks goes to thegladi8tor

I just had to register to thank you thegladi8tor for your help.
I had the same problem as the OP.

Thanks a million.
Old April 11th, 2009, 12:22 AM

Same here, I have an Advent 6555 which has the Intel PM45 chipset and the Intel Matrix Storage 9.0. The disable AHCI from the advanced tab of the BIOS setup (del when you start up). Now working. Why or why is windows soo flakey. I only HAVE to use it cause work does (Fedora installed without any complaints !)
Old April 12th, 2009, 10:02 PM

thanks

thegladi8tor I owe U big time. I registered just to thank you for this post. It ended my 8 hours of doing whatewer i thought of to install Windows XP.
Old April 17th, 2009, 11:39 PM

big thankyou

thegladi8tor, you are a legend. You've saved me so much trouble with what is a very simple fix. Like many others in this thread, i've registered just to show my appreciation.

I had to slightly tweak the solution to work for my new laptop, hopefully this little bit well help others:

I have a new Dell Studio laptop, but the BIOS on my laptop has different options so:

1. On start up (Dell logo), press F2 to enter BIOS
2. Under the "Advanced" Tab i changed the 'SATA control/configuration' from AHCI to IDE

This has now allowed my XP installation to continue without any issues.

Thanks again thegladi8tor!
Old April 21st, 2009, 03:23 PM

Hello,

I have Dell studio 14 laptop with SATA 500GB harddisk and windows vista. I wanted to install the xp too so that I can boot either on vista or xp depending on the choice I make at bootup. I made a partition and tried to installed xp on that. But it failed with same error:
0x0000007B (0xF78D2524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

So I made the changes for SATA as suggested in this forum and was able to install xp. I installed vistabootpro to make an entry in boot registry for vista. After doing that, when I choose vista to boot, it gave the same blue screen error.

So for me, with SATA ACHI, vista is able to boot and with SATA ATA, xp is able to boot.

Any idea how can I make vista and xp to boot with same SATA configuration??

Thanks in advance,
Aj

Last edited by aparmar; April 21st, 2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:20 PM

Hello,

I just registered here, because I wan't to thank thegladi8tor for the solution. I've been knocking with my head into the wall for past few day's. I can stop now, because of thegladi8tor's solution. Thegladi8tor you'r the best.

Regards IgyThaMasta!
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:43 AM

installing XP in Dell system

I have a problem installing Xp in Dell Studio15 laptop.

The same Blue screen Problem.

i didnt find ATA in BIOS configuaration.

Instead of that i change from ACHI to IDE.....now the blue screen gone ....but later i had a problem in licence aggrement screen.

i pressed F8 (Agree the licence aggrement).but it is not taken.

Please advice me....Appriciate any pointers.
Old April 26th, 2009, 01:27 PM

I don't feel so bad now. I only pulled my hair out for nine hours... My Optiplex 755 does not have RAID but it did have the option ATA or AHCI. What is AHCI and why the H*&^ is it the default??
Old April 26th, 2009, 01:40 PM

installing xp in vista system

the above problem is rectified.....

but still while installing xp some .dll files are not installed.

i got strucked nearly 10 hrs for the same.

please suggest.
Old April 28th, 2009, 10:08 AM

Thanks thegladi8tor

Hey thegladi8tor, man you rock, you save my day! appreciate it very much. this forum is the best!
Old April 29th, 2009, 10:22 AM

Simply change the following settings in BIOS.
In Sata configuration of BIOS, change ACHI to ATA, Save the settings & restart, For me it worked, hope the same works for u as well
Closed Topic