Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Topic Tools
Old October 26th, 2018, 06:40 PM

Bluetooth Interference When Kneeling?

I have a cheap $15 (best I can afford) bluetooth headset from a store last year and have been using it for a year. It is okay. Does its job most of the time. The thing that I am finally getting around to asking is that when I kneel or bend over, while my cheap prepaid mobile device is either in my pocket or my mobile cart or something, the sounds I get from the headset is staticy as if I am going out of range. The range is several feet, so I do not understand why it does this when I get closer to the ground unless it is interference when my head is closer to the ground than normal.

Not sure if related but the headset seems to work okay indoors but if I walk outside, it starts failing to keep a signal with the mobile device and gets staticy.

Thoughts?

Old October 27th, 2018, 03:47 PM

It is not likely interference. If it happened every time you bent over while sitting at your desk (for example), then I might think interference. But since it seems to happen everywhere, it is more likely when you bend over, you are changing the orientation of the antenna in the headset. Since you can't (I assume! ) move your ears, not sure what you can do besides move the mobile device closer to the head set. Then add a new BT headset to your list for Santa!
Old October 27th, 2018, 08:29 PM

Probably an orientation thing then. Maybe the antenna likes to be in an upright position because even while bending over with the mobile device in my pocket I get that issue of the headset losing connection to device. Maybe that antenna does have to always be pointing in an upright position? Hmmm, sounds plausible as that is the only thing that does make sense.
Old October 27th, 2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Maybe that antenna does have to always be pointing in an upright position?
It really should not be that sensitive. In fact, they should be omni-directional. So maybe there is a loose connection inside that flops open when bent over. Otherwise, it seems you could move the mobile device up at the same angle as moving the headset down when bent over and experience the same connection issues.
Old October 28th, 2018, 06:47 PM
Certifiable Bum

O/S: Linux
not change phone case?

if its been working and now there are issues, maybe the headset has been dropped one too many times. or just getting old. that is about all it can be, if everything is the same since the beginning of usage.