View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2008, 01:01 PM
CTH Subscriber

If you want tv out you need the video card. You also use photoshop so not having to use system memory for graphics will give you better performance.

I wouldn't use the P5GV-MX since the fsb is limited to 533/800 mhz and the ide channel only supports udma of 100/66/33, not a big deal unless your ide drive supports 133, if it does then that board will slow your drives access speed.

The P5S-MX SE isn't bad, I'm not familiar with the SIS chipset though, it it doesn't have the spdif out header.

The P5SD2 VM does have a spdif header and you can either buy the bracket or build one with parts from radio shack for about 5$.

I don't think you'll notice much of a difference in the audio between the soundmax and the realtech chipsets. The realtech seems to be the more popular one, since I see it on more systems than the soundmax. for everyday computing either one should work.

my personal preference would be the P5N MX beacause it has raid support. Then I would just add the video card.

Is there a specific reason you can't put the video card into your group "A" board?
if it's budget restrictions, give us your budget, we might be able to come up with a best bang for the buck deal.