View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2016, 06:54 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi Murf!

Thank you so much for your help.

I tried to find some entry in BIOS about a 32bit access on the hard drive with no luck. Setting everything to Defaults didn't solve the problem either.

The Graphics driver is stating that is up to date and fine but i tried to reinstall it anyway. In the end of the installation, i got a message that it is already installed on the computer, it gave me no option of "repair" or anything similar. I was afraid to uninstall it so as to install it from scratch, wouldn't that mean that the display won't be working?

Windows update is not working in safe mode even with networking, don't know if that's normal or because the laptop is off, because it seems i can click on it but nothing happens, no message, no nothing.

At some appearance of the blue screen, i saw that the problem code had changed a bit, it was STOP: 0x00000124 (0x00000000, 0x9164C3F0, 0xB2000040, 0x00000800), not sure if you can deduce something from that.

Sorry for this sheet. If you have some other idea of what else i could try, please tell me.

Anyway, I really appreciate your help...