View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2020, 02:56 PM

Did I miss something? I don't see where Jerry said he has CCleaner installed.

And I note running the cleaner at start is an option that can easily be disabled from the Settings page. And I'm not sure about the full time service running if that option is checked but I just looked at 3 systems here. All have only the free version of CCleaner installed. None have that option checked, nor are updates applied automatically and so none have any services running full time. And all computers go to sleep as expected.

Now if the user has CCleaner Professional, that does have some real-time functions - like Smart Cleaning. I have not heard of any reports of CCleaner keeping computers from going to sleep but disabling any real-time components is worth checking out.

@Jerry56 - have you done a "cold" reboot? By "cold", I mean to shutdown your computer normally, then unplug the computer from the wall for 30 seconds or so. Then connect, boot, use normally and then see if it goes to sleep as expected.

See, How to Find Out What's Keeping Your Computer from Going to Sleep and How to Find Out What Woke Up Your Computer Last.