View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2020, 06:14 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I think I found a solution to at least my particular issue. I want to post this in case it helps others. My 1st problem was I couldn’t get my Laptop to boot into Safe Mode. I went to the Lenovo support site & they had this suggestion:
Use Shift+Restart
1. Press the Windows logo key + X on the keyboard.
2. Hold the Shift key while clicking Restart from the Shut down or sign out menu.
3. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
4. After the PC restarts, there is a list of options. Select 4 or F4 or Fn+F4 (following the on-screen instructions) to start the PC in Safe Mode. Or in order to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 or Fn+F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.
I did these steps & picked #4 to reboot into Safe Mode. The laptop booted into Safe Mode without any problems. I then restarted the laptop to normal mode. Presto it took the 4 digit pin this time no problem. (I did notice the PC took awhile to finally completely boot up into Safe Mode. So I think it just needed to get booted up with the pin code in its basic mode to fix the Profile service issue.)
If you do the Safe Mode trick & it still doesn’t work I have a link to a voutube video I was about to try that goes step-by-step on what to do once you at least get into Safe Mode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyuP...nnel=TechFixIT

I hope this helps!