View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2006, 07:39 AM

Unhappy pc keeps restarting, watchdog error??

i am a total computer newb, i use mine to play an on-line game and yes, i do download audio and video files. i'm hoping someone can help me so far noone has a clue. OK about 2 weeks ago my pc restarted itself and when i clicked to see what was in the error report it said "winhound" so i downloaded a few avg's and 1 finally found it and removed it, i was happy for a lil while, till it restarted again, this time report says "watchdog" so i searched for it and found it in system 32 file, so i deleted it, it came back, avg found it, deleted it and it came back. well, finally my pc crashed, error was "no system 32 detected or corrupt". ok, it took a long time to do it but i reinstalled windows and deleted old operating system. guess what, watch dog is still there, it restarts my pc randomly, but it seems to only do it while i'm playing my on-line game.
I tried to copy and paste my running proccesses but i couldent, and i don't remember how to get to my start menu to see what is starting with my pc. i have tried just about all the avg's out there and so far only ad-aware seems to find it.
I'm so happy i found this site, you guys really seem to be able to help people like me, thank you for taking your time on me.