View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2006, 12:29 AM

Run-time error '75': Path/File Access Error / Internet Problems

So I have a majorly simple problem.
My computer was starting to get outdated and the internet one day just decided to quit working. I messed around with it for a few days before I get fed up and went out and bought all new hardware for my computer. I put it all together, partitioned and formatted my HD, re-installed windows and put my Motherboard/Video Card drivers on it and it worked flawlessly except for the internet.

We tried everything we could think of, different router ports, cables, on-board and PCI computer ports, the "plug and play" internet gig and giving it its own IP address and nothing works. The LAN it is on will work but not the actual internet. One thing I did notice is when IE failed to go the site it would look for do "Downloading from site: res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll\dnserror.htm" ... I tried to fix it upon what I found out and no luck.

I RE-partitioned and formatted my HD and RE-installed a DIFFERENT copy of Windows (A slightly newer OEM version than the previous one) and still have no internet; but am NOT having "Downloading from site: res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll\dnserror.htm" show up. Instead it just searches on the 15Mb line its on for about a minute and will show up with no address. Another problem that arose with the newer Windows XP version is trying to install the drivers for my new 512Mb Video Card... My CD drives are fine and will read fine except something with these drivers. When I insert the video card drivers it will read for about twenty seconds and pop up with a little box that reads "Run-time Error '75': Path/File Access Error" and thats it... Cant install them.

I cant figure it out and have no clue what to do or try now; Im so stressed about it at this point my chest hurts. Someone help me!