View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2020, 05:13 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
I'm in a relatively small town ~30k people. And in my county (area) a total of 20 people have been diagnosed (up 4 from last week) and 11 have recovered.
I don't want to put the wind up you, but in this country a town of ~30k people would have zero cases.

Do they know how so many became infected? Has the contact tracing been done?

The large numbers here are in the bigger cities, with clusters in some work places and others in nursing homes. It would seem that in these cases one person got it, sometimes asymptotically, went to work and infected other who passed it on to still more in the same place.

Nursing home staff are now checked as they arrive to work at the start of each shift.

Just announced in this state that home schooling to end and kids back in class in three weeks provided there is not a large increase in infections in that time.

On another tack the NZ PM Jacinda Ardern is to join the Australian National Cabinet, (Australian PM, all State Premiers, top health officials) which meets regularly, (now by video conference) to discuss tactics and plan for a concerted attack on the problems. Commentators have remarked that having her join has just raised the average IQ quite a few points.