View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2020, 08:53 AM

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Talking to some people, they are under the impression hundreds are infected and dying in this area. That's just not the case. In America I'm always amazed at how the bureaucracy and media seem to think the ENTIRE country is the same as New York. New York is really being hit dramatically hard... and in general... all you hear is relative to THAT area and not consistent with many other areas in the country. I don't mean to make light of anything.. I just heard today that apparently COVID has now killed more Americans (+65,000) than the Viet Nam war did.

My growing concern is about herd immunity if everyone is always locked down. Without herd immunity this could go on for quite some time.

Here's hoping you all stay safe and healthy!!!

It's not an "asteroid" yet.. but.. we'll see...
Two further points Buzz. We do not get individual states information. The grim stats simply tell us that one million plus cases exist in the USA nothing about the various states/areas.
I thought the British PM mooted the herd immunity concept prior to his infection and Great Britain becoming the fourth most affected nation in the world.
Apologies to Joan Baez " We shall overcome"

Last edited by Jaytee; May 4th, 2020 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Caps