View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2020, 03:00 AM

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Bootable of External Drive?

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Bootable of External Drive?

I need to use the Microsoft Creation Tool (microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10) in hopes to fix my mother's system that claims her password is incorrect. The same password for ten years all of the sudden not working.

I can not access her system. I can not get into Safe Mode or Command Prompt (both from the Advance Options at boot I was able to get to) as they want the password too. Nothing I tried work. Trying to reset the password at the main logon screen wants a USB drive. Other options I have seen online, like resetting the admin account, needs that tool as it seems I can use those tools since they not need a password.

The other interesting thing is on the logon screen, there is no icon for the power. Just accessibility.

Now she has no USB drives, or a DVD burner and another machine. She also 800 miles away. My brother has an external SATA drive. I just can not find anything online where the tool will use an external drive (instead of USB or DVD) to create itself on, so I can attempt to boot off it and try to repair my mother's main Windows account.

Anyone know if it is possible?