View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2008, 08:13 PM

Unhappy DP35DP no LAN connection after setup

Hi.
I am becoming a bit frustrated and hope you can perhaps help me. I'll keep it short as I can. when I first loaded windows XP I could not load SATA drivers because no floppy so I ran with IDE. System booted and I was able to connect to the internet through cable modem and Ethernet cable. I assumed that the PC would be faster using the SATA connection for the HD's so I called Windows then Intel and tried a USB floppy with no luck. Eventually I learned to make a slipstream disc with nlite and was able to install XP but now I can not connect to the cable modem. The Local Internet Connection option is gone under Internet Connections. I tried reinstalling with IDE ans SATA, With the Genuine Windows disc and the Nlite slipstream disc with the SATA drivers with no results. I suspect a Mobo problem because it handles the LAN connection does it not? I kept the initial install on a separate HD and it still has the LAN and connects. Any suggestions?
It took 2 weeks to research the system 1 hour to build it and now so far one months to install Windows!!

DP35DP Mobo
Core 2 Quad processor
Windows XP Pro Sp 2
4 hd's, all SATA, 2Seagate and 2WD
New 750w PSU
HD 2600PRO 520MB B2 Edition
2-2G DDR