View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Now it seems to me that information from those getting that support could sort of be leaked out to us Net peons who are sort of still not confident about certain matters related to Windows 10.
How is that different from tapping into your neighbor's cable TV service so you can watch cable TV without paying for it?

How is that different from you piggy-backing on your neighbor's Internet service so you can get free Internet access?

How is this different from your neighbor buying the latest Star Wars Blu-ray movie, making unauthorized copies of it, then giving it away?

This extended support you talk about is done via a contract between that organization and Microsoft that involves Microsoft supplying patches and fixes - that is, software updates (aka copyrighted intellectual property) to those organizations. I am quite sure those organizations are contractually obligated to control access to those updates.

So not meaning to be rude, but do you really expect those companies, or some "entrusted" employee of those companies to just give them away because you are unwilling to upgrade your computer?

And not meaning to be rude, but clearly if you are not "confident" about Windows 10 by now (W10 is almost 5 years old!), then clearly you have failed to do your homework and learn Windows 10, and how easy it is to customize its features. Not to mention, there are plenty of fully capable and "FREE" Linux alternatives out there that could be used without asking someone to violate their contracts.

Considering Microsoft announced over 8 years ago (When W8 came out) that Windows 7 support would end, I see no excuse for cheating the system or encouraging those organizations who are paying dearly for that extended support to give it away to others who fail to keep their systems current.

What is your point about the Windows MSRT? It is not a "support" tool. It is simply a tool to remove known malicious software from computers running specific operating systems. It does NOT update or fix any bugs in those operating systems. In fact, for most users, it does nothing at all! This is because if properly maintained, none of that known malicious software should be on any of those systems.