View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2020, 02:09 PM

Make My Windows Maximized!

I have been searching online for so long and figured I just ask a fresh question....

How can I make my windows always open maximized?

Now, I am not talking about going to the program itself and changing its properties to maximized. That only works when you open the program directly. I am talking about shortcuts to TXT, PDF, WRI, XLS, DOC, ODF, an email from Outlook, HTML, etc. Any and all shortcuts. I will open a saved document and it opens sometimes to 1/4th the screen, or 3/4s, and in a weird place. And yes, even if the program's and the document's shortcut itself is "maximized."

I used to use AutoSizer (southbaypc.com/AutoSizer) but it no longer works.

Anyone know of fresh hacks or free programs to make whatever I open to be maximized without me having to do the extra work Windows should be doing for me?

This is not just one computer with a "corrupted profile" or "virus." This is multiple machines for months and years and I am just finally, finally asking. At least asking this year I forget if I asked last year.

And please, to repeat myself in text form, do read that changing the shortcut to the program or file to "maximized" does nothing. So, do not tell me to do that.

Thanks.