View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2011, 08:49 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
*SynTPEnh - This is the Synaptics pointing device (IE the touchpad) - Leave it

*WLTRAY (Dells Wireless configuration options) Leave it

*avastUI - My anti-virus program, Avast! Leave It

*iTuneshelper - Self explanatory, and I think the Slow PC thread said this will keep coming back
If this task is currently running, and you have iTunes open, leave it alone. That said, this task, usually installed as a startup, does not actually need to be installed as a startup since iTunes starts it up anyway when it needs it. I recommend therefore that you disable ITUNESHELPER on the Startups tab and let iTunes start it up whenever it needs to, particularly since it has a history of occasionally conflicting with other software and it uses nearly 6Mb of memory

*dumprep 0 -k (?)
Used in connection with memory dumps - you can disable these by - right clicking on My Computer, selecting Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on the Settings button in 'Startup and Recovery'. In the bottom pane - under 'Write debugging information' - click on the down arrow and then select 'None' - OK your way out. More information can also be found here.

This program is not required to start automatically as you can run it when you need to. It is advised that you disable this program so that it does not take up necessary resources.

*ctfmon Ctfmon.exe monitors the active windows and provides text input service support for speech recognition, handwriting recognition, keyboard, translation, and other alternative user input technologies
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282599 You running Office?