Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old March 21st, 2018, 03:48 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Screen stuck with black background, teal, green & yellow letters!

My Aunt hit some button on her Lenovo Yoga 3-1 touchscreen laptop. Running Win 10-Home. I've never seen this display before. The backgrounds are black. Borders are white, words are green & yellow & highlighted sections are a teal color. I thought it was maybe in "Dark Mode". I went to Personalization & selected Colors. But I can not select/ change anything on the screen. How can I switch everything back to the default Desktop & other display settings?

Thanks!
Old March 21st, 2018, 05:06 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I figured it out. I don't know how she got it stuck in the dark theme. It must be a keystroke combo she hid by accident. Here's how to fix.

Setting / Ease of Access/ Color & High Contrast. Under High Contrast-Choose Theme- Then Select- NONE. Presto you should be back to default.

Thanks!
Old March 22nd, 2018, 07:10 PM

Thanks for coming back and posting your solution!