Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old January 28th, 2004, 08:30 PM

Dual Boot Problem (boot.ini file)

I have 2 Hard Drives C (Old Drive connected as Master) and a D Drive (Connected as Slave)

The old C drive was only some 5GB with Windows 98. I installed Windows 2000 on the New D Drive which is 40GB.

Currently when I boot the system it asks Which Operating system and makes me choose between Windows 98 and Windows 2000 and loads the operating system.

My Problem when I change the Master and Slave. I connected the New Drive as Master and the Old Drive as Slave and now the computer does not ask me which Operating system to Load.

It just goes to the C:\. (I beleive this is my New Drive which has become C (earlier D)

I am giving below the boot .ini File which was in the Old Hard Disk. May be I have to copy this to the New Drive and make some changes to the boot.ini file. Please let me know your suggestion

Boot.ini File

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINNT
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINNT="Microso ft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect
C:\="Microsoft Windows"