Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:20 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Paretologic - Moved by Jintan

At times a screen flashes for a moment that says "Paretologic Update Summary" but it is so fast I cannot really investigate what it is? A search here did not yield anything and a general websearch was overwhelming with results but no information. What is this?
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:48 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Well, a web search for me brought up many hits related to an AV program called ParetoLogic Anti-virus Plus - Click HERE - Another HERE - I assume that you have this program installed on your computer (intentionally or not?). You might want to visit the malware forum to help w/ its removal if that is your choice - good luck!
Old November 22nd, 2012, 12:42 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Hello dr_ledger,

I agree with giradman about possible malware issues. Paretologic software has a long, long history of being ineffective junk, usually only intended to encourage users to purchase it. Please do the following, and let's take a look. I will go ahead and move this request to the CTH Malware Removal Forum.

If the system is Vista/Windows7, when running any of the scan files we use, be sure to right click the file, then select "Run as administrator" to start the scan/tool.

And To make sure you have an accurate view of files there, make sure you can View Hidden Files. Also uncheck "Hide Extensions for Known File Types"

To keep them from interfering with the repairs, be sure to temporarily disable all antivirus/anti-spyware softwares while these steps are being completed. This can usually be done through right clicking the software's Taskbar icons, or accessing each software through Start - Programs. Here are some antivirus disable tips if needed.

-------

Click here and download OldTimer's OTL to your desktop, then click that to open the scan display. At the top click "Scan All Users", then click "Run Scan". Make no other changes at this time.

When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are also saved in the same location as OTL.exe. Post the contents of those back here please.

-----------

Click here and download the installer for Gmer to your desktop, then click that file to run Gmer.

Once the opening scan finishes, click on Scan (again, before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan).

When completed, click on the Copy button and rightclick on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and rightclick again and choose Paste. Copy the information and post it here please.

-----------

Download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
  • If you can have an open Internet connection, and allow it to download the latest Avast engine detections.
  • If avast! antivirus is already installed, just do the next step.
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan
  • On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.

A lot, but comprehensive, and will make sure we get a good view of everything.
Old November 29th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Banned

I think you might have installed Paretologic Antivirus plus in your system and have not uninstalled it .Or it was mistakenly installed by you in the system.For further issues please visit windows.podnova.com.
Old November 30th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Ignore the spammer post dr_ledger, and post the logs when ready.