Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old January 31st, 2020, 01:42 PM

Excel Charts Vanish/Stretch

I am (stuck) using Office 360 at work. I make Excel sheets with some simple charts. Often, I will open the sheet the next day and charts are missing or stretched. No data changed. No data is hidden. I even tried locking a sheet but that does not help.
I tried searching online for a long while but everything is always about pivots or hidden data. Well, I tried their pivot thoughts but that did not help, and not going to help to try anything new when the chart is missing. And no data is hidden.
I always have to resort to a backup if not too old or I make a new chart.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Old February 2nd, 2020, 04:49 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Only thing I can think of is that your Excel template is somehow dorked up. Maybe going to Programs and Features, single click on Office and click Change/Repair and doing a repair to it might bring corrections.
Old February 3rd, 2020, 01:24 PM

So you think it is Excel itself having issues?
This happens on any sheet I create and the problem of charts moving around can happen weeks or months later.
Old February 3rd, 2020, 06:43 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Wow! You have a ghost in there.

For grins bring up a chart wit missing or moved data and hit CTRL +6, this hides/unhides graphs.

Also found this:

https://www.sagecity.com/blog/b/exce...m-disappearing

May want to post here;

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d=false&page=1