Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows 95

Notices

Windows 95 Problem solving for the Windows 95 Operating System

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old April 5th, 2003, 10:15 AM

Unhappy windows 95 error D: device is not ready

i am currently using my old pc as my laptop is getting some repairs and won't be back for a week or so. i had this problem before and gave up trying to fix it when i got my laptop. now i am once again trying to fix the dreaded problem of my CD-ROM. when i insert a disk the green light goes on and i can hear it spinning but the end result is always nothing. a while back i did get it to play a music cd but shortly after that i stopped trying with the new laptop. i have tried several things probably too many to list and several i don't remember. i would say i have intermediate computer knowledge and would love any suggestions. i have a compaq presario 2120 and paid 49.95 for them to tell me to come here and create a boot disk and reload windows. i have the windows companion cd and am apprehensive about doing that as i have read that may not fix the problem. HELP!!!
lisa
ltomksy@aol.com
Closed Topic