Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

The Anything Else Board This board has been designed for all those subjects that don't quite fit in any of the other categories, and is also a place to share ideas and knowledge that you think might prove valuable to our other visitors

Topic Tools
Old July 8th, 2003, 01:28 AM

Help formatting a new hard drive

Hello, I recently was given a Maxtor 40GB hard drive and have successfully installed it physically, however I am having trouble getting it to work properly. After the physical installation, I checked my BIOS during startup and could see that my computer recognized the new hard drive. I then, on advice from a friend, went to the startup disk and then to "fdisk". I then followed the directions from this site: http://www.cybertechhelp.com/html/tu...rial.php/id/73

Once finished, my new 40 GB hard drive, showed up as only having 8 GB available???

Thanks,
Donny.
Old July 8th, 2003, 01:35 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Hi brownmola,
Did the BIOS recognize the entire size of the HDD? How old is this computer?