Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows 98

Notices

Windows 98 Problem solving for the Windows 98 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old October 18th, 2005, 10:36 PM

Exclamation majer problem wont boot past start screen-

ok i disasembled my PC and i put it back together but now whaen i turn it on in a dif languge it sez sumthing like "to view system problems press <f1>" or sumtimes <tab> isted of f1 but i realy need this fixed any ideas or things to try?

thanx if you can help i realy need to get it working again

im using a windows 98 computer with windows 98 OS
Old October 19th, 2005, 03:18 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Howdy kakeman69,
If I understand what you posted correctly, you are getting a message at startup suggesting you press F1 to access your BIOS. If you made some change in the way you "reassembled" your pc, or somehow caused changes that effect your BIOS, you will get a startup error and you will have to correct these to even boot up. In some BIOS I am familiar with, if you move through the different menus (using the arrow keys), your BIOS will in some form highlight (perhaps in red, where other words are in black) the area where the error exists. Search dilligently - the error could be in a submenu (accessed by hitting Enter or some key the instructions indicate). If you find this but cannot determine a solution, post what is displayed back here for further assistance.
Old October 24th, 2005, 12:53 AM

Yea i understand what your telling me but the part that stumps me is that the keyboard dose nuthing when i press f1 or alt or any other key for that mater i no the keyboard works because when i turn it on the LEDs for the cap locks scroll lock and num lokc flash so what do i do now?
Old October 24th, 2005, 02:23 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Make sure the keyboard is plugged in secure on the pc.

Quote:
whaen i turn it on in a dif languge
What language do you usually use on your pc and what language are you trying to use?
Old October 27th, 2005, 09:39 PM

i usaly use american or english or w.e you call it and i no its in secure ive tryed a billion times

I dont care about this coimp anymore i gues my alein ware comes in the mail tomorow so thanx n e way for the help