Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old April 20th, 2020, 02:07 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Windows 10 Update Nghtmare

Hi

Once again, I've allowed Microsoft to install a suite of updates and watched my Dell Inspron laptop PC slow to a crawl. I'm smarter than I used to be--saved a System Restore point before I let the MS update run so, as I've done the last three or four times, I watched my PC grind to a halt, went to System restore and selected my 'insurance' and it's now back to its normal peppy self.

I suppose I can do this aevery time one of these updates rears its ugly head, but I don't think each one should have this effect.

Is there anything I can do to either block the updates or set up my system so they don't cripple it each and every time. I appreciate the Updates have a purpose, but I'm not willing to put up with paralisys to let them sabotage my system.

Thanks
Old September 9th, 2020, 01:48 AM

Yes,similar problems. Windows 10 is a joke. It was released before any problems were worked out. I just did an upgrade, which created a new mirrored identity. All my files were gone. MS said I would have to take it to a MS repair center. The one they recommended was a 7.5 hour drive. Or I would have to subscribe to their tech repair service. As it turns out they couldn't even recognize the alternative identity.

10 is incompatible with many programs. Many scanner/printer software does not work with it. And the techs at MS are buffoons! I was hung up on twice, routed to the wrong department, etc.

Stay away from MS 10 at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin