Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old September 22nd, 2015, 07:40 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Question external HD, Western Digital

My computer is windows 7, HP Pavilion.. 16gb memory, over 600GB free space on the hard drive..
am having trouble moving files onto the drive today.. not sure what to look for.. it's been working fine.. 4 times today, it freezes and does not move the file.. just keeps running and running and when I try to close it out it will not close.. I finally have to go to the task manager to close it.. but then it closes out my desktop also.. so I end up having to push the button to turn it off.. having to reboot and start again.. I can save files to the drive with no issues, but for some reason can't copy or move to it... am not sure what to look for..

thanks
Barbara
Old September 24th, 2015, 02:47 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Does this happen with just this External Western Digital HD?
Or with other Drives?
Example: USB Sticks, CD/DVD Rom Burner, Old Floppy drives.

Signed: Ensign Tzap