Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old September 8th, 2008, 03:04 PM

Red face Missing Log On Name

Hello, after removing serveral Virus's and Trogans/Malware, my username is missing from the welcome screen. When I used to boot up, the welcome screen would show my name and another log on for "guest". Now the welcome screen just shows "Welcome" it stays on for a few seconds then boots normally to my desktop. Does anyone know how I can get my username back on the welcome screen? Thank you.
Old September 8th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Click Here to open a Kelly's Korner page.

On that page, scroll down to line 22 and in the left-hand column, click on the word "Unhide" to download a small vbs file. When it asks you what you want to do with the file, click Save. Do not click Run. Remember where you saved it.

Once the file is downloaded (it's tiny so it won't take long), find it and run it according to the instructions at the top of the Kelly's Korner page.

If your antivirus objects, ignore it. The files from Kelly's Korner are safe.

It won't hurt to run the file and it might solve the problem.
Old September 8th, 2008, 05:24 PM

Thanks, I give it a try tonight and get back to you as to how it works.