Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old October 2nd, 2020, 02:09 PM

Make My Windows Maximized!

I have been searching online for so long and figured I just ask a fresh question....

How can I make my windows always open maximized?

Now, I am not talking about going to the program itself and changing its properties to maximized. That only works when you open the program directly. I am talking about shortcuts to TXT, PDF, WRI, XLS, DOC, ODF, an email from Outlook, HTML, etc. Any and all shortcuts. I will open a saved document and it opens sometimes to 1/4th the screen, or 3/4s, and in a weird place. And yes, even if the program's and the document's shortcut itself is "maximized."

I used to use AutoSizer (southbaypc.com/AutoSizer) but it no longer works.

Anyone know of fresh hacks or free programs to make whatever I open to be maximized without me having to do the extra work Windows should be doing for me?

This is not just one computer with a "corrupted profile" or "virus." This is multiple machines for months and years and I am just finally, finally asking. At least asking this year I forget if I asked last year.

And please, to repeat myself in text form, do read that changing the shortcut to the program or file to "maximized" does nothing. So, do not tell me to do that.

Thanks.
Old October 3rd, 2020, 05:52 AM

Hello buddy....

What if you maximise it and then close it,doesnt it re-open maximised??

IM on 98se and if I close something MAX,it usually opens that way....... Maybe not all OS's are the same as far as that.......
Old October 3rd, 2020, 03:54 PM

No. All those methods do not work with Windows 10 (home and pro) on my home and work and friends' systems. Holding SHIFT, CTRL, SHIFT & CTRL while closing. None of those methods work. The windows will still go back to what awkward size they opened at.
Old October 12th, 2020, 12:21 PM

Because of this issue, I discovered the problems "extends" (no pun) to my multi monitor display (but keep in mind as mentioned about the windows not opening properly maximized is an issue on all my computers, even Windows 7). So for example, I will open test.txt and it opens just in a small size somewhere on the screen and I have to maximize it. I take this laptop and hook up to my multi monitor setup, and I open it and it opens and extends on two monitors, not maximized, just badly stretched out on two screens. So, I have to move it to one screen and still maximize it.
Old October 21st, 2020, 03:27 AM

Hmm thats sad........ I wonder why it doesnt work as earlier OS's did??

Like if you open notepad and MAXIMISE IT and close it,next time you open it it should open FULL SCREEN!! (Maximised)

EDIT:

I just discovered my Notepad DOES NOT open MAXIMISED even if I close it maximised...

Wordpad does though........
Old February 7th, 2021, 05:13 PM

Doomed to extra clicking to make a window maximized.
Old February 11th, 2021, 08:32 AM

if you open multiple windows then this will happen. You can use the shortcut key win+arrowkeys to maximize or minimize windows instantly.
Old February 11th, 2021, 02:59 PM

This happens with just opening one window. On any W10 or W7 systems I use.
Doing WIN+UP is the extra step we should not have to do. Gets worse on multiple displays when I open a program and it is so small and folded in on itself, I have to find it.