Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Topic Tools
Old December 4th, 2016, 05:56 AM

Getting BSOD screen on my laptop

Hi there!

I am using windows 7 Professional service pack 1.
Since yesterday my laptop is not working. The Blue screen is appearing with stop signal.

From today a message dialog box is appearing stating The instruction at 0x00000000766B6C60 referenced memory at 0x000000007666B6C60, The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O status of 0xc000000e. Click ok to terminate the program.

On clicking ok the desktop becomes blank and even ctrl+alt+delete does not work. I have to hard boot the system each time. However I am able to operate the same through safe mode with networking.
Please help

Old December 5th, 2016, 12:21 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Run Checkdisk on the hard drive:

Instead of selecting Safemode with Networking select Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Now type the following:

chkdsk /r C: (hit <enter>

Now this could take a hour or so depending on the size of the drive. Selecting /r switch will have it check for bad sectors on the drive, which I think may be the problem.

Let us know the results.
Old December 5th, 2016, 05:53 PM

Running chkdsk /r c: prompted that cannot run system held by other. want to schedule? On giving Y and rebooting, I think it scanned as on next boot it showed c: clean. but now after pressing ctrl+alt+delete to log in only cancel button id displayed. My user profiles are not displayed. On pressing cancel it goes back to press ctrl+alt+delete to log on screen. Even in safe mode with networking desktop icons are not visible. Please note that BSOD is no longer appearing.
Old December 6th, 2016, 06:47 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Sorry forgot to mention that, CHKDSK cannot run because windows is running, that is normal as chkdsk needs complete access to the drive.

About how long did it run?

1) When you get the message "volume clean" it ONLY means it checked that small area on your hard drive called, "system reserved". And when you hit a key, it boots normally, but you have NOT done a surface scan or checkdisk. The key here is that it happens within seconds of your reboot.

2) If your chkdsk briefly shows it's checking and then quickly goes to a normal boot, it actually repaired or cleaned the area in system reserved.

In either of the two instances it did not do a full check on your disk. It needs to have a clean system reserve to save data while it does a full scan.

Once one of the two items above has been noted, you need to once again do a chkdsk, and you will find the normal one or two hour scan. Most people don't notice the two items above because they have to be watching the screen... usually they start the scan and walk off.
Old December 9th, 2016, 04:10 AM

Thanks!! But the issue is not resolved. The chkdsk did a complete scan and went through all 3 stages. But still I cannot log in. Now even in safe mode with networking the desktop is coming blank. Please guide.
Old December 9th, 2016, 11:53 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

If I could interject, I keep hitting 0xc000000e leading to a missing or corrupt windows/system32/winload.exe.

In a perfect world you would have a Windows 7 Pro dvd, a flash drive and a friend with 7 Pro than can send you a file copy. What do you have available?
Old December 14th, 2016, 04:12 AM

Thanks for your help sir. Actually now I have re-installed windows after formatting the drive. Thanks once again to all.
Old December 15th, 2016, 11:44 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Late reply - thanks for the update.