Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old August 10th, 2011, 04:16 AM

Angry Bad Image Error for all programs on vista (moved from Vista)

Every time i open any program even when i am not even loading something. It could be just popping up upon start up but it is telling me EVERY THING is a bad image error I get

"C:\progra`1\wi9130`1\datamngr\datamngr.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. try installing the program again using the orginal installation media or contact your system administrator or the sofeware vendor for support"

please help i am willing to do anything to get this back to normal

i also occasionally get the blue screen of death lately .. i am running an acer aspire 5735-4061 with windows vista.. intenl pentium dual core T3200 (2.0 GHz FSB 1 MB 1.2 cashe0 2GB DDr2 160GB HDD

i have been Able to fix the blue screen problem and when i run avg anti-rootkit Scan i get " MBR rootkit.TDSS.TDL4"
i have tried running trend micro's rootkit buster but it will not run

Last edited by teayo; August 10th, 2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: New information
Old August 12th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Malware Removal Team Advisor

What did you do to fix the Blue Screen issue?

What is the make and model# of your computer? Did it come with reinstall disks, recovery disks? Or do you use a Recovery Partition.

You have a Master Boot Record infection among other things.

We need a better look. Please perofrm these steps from Safe Mode with Networking.

Please download RogueKiller
http://tigzy.geekstogo.com/Tools/RogueKiller.exe
http://www.sur-la-toile.com/RogueKiller/RogueKiller.exe

Save it to your Desktop.

Now, close all open programs.

For Vista/Windows 7, right click the file and select: Run as Administrator
For XP, simply double-click RogueKiller.exe

When prompted, type 1 and Press Enter.

An RKreport.txt should appear on your Desktop.

Note: If the program is blocked, do not hesitate to try several times. If it really does not work (it could happen), rename it to winlogon.exe

Please post the contents of the RKreport.txt in your reply.
-------------------------

Download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it (For Vista/Windows 7, right click the file and select: Run as Administrator)
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan
  • On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.

Run another aswMBR scan. Click the Fix button, and reboot if prompted. If no Fix button is hilighted, but it shows red rootkit info, click the FixMBR button instead. Be sure to Save the log, to post back here.
----------------------
Click this link to download OldTimer's OTL to your desktop.
http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.exe

Next, click OTL.exe to open the scan display.(Vista and windows7 Users, right click on OTL.exe and click on Run As Administrator) At the top check "Scan All Users", then click "Run Scan". Make no other changes at this time.

When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are also saved in the same location as OTL.exe. Post the contents of those back here please.

------------------
The logs will be reasonably large so you may have to divide them into sections and make several posts to post them.

** Don't forget to answer the questions you were asked earliier. That information is important.