Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old April 9th, 2010, 08:54 PM

Exclamation Need drivers for "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus"/Win XP Pro v.2002 (SP3)

I have a HP Pavilion a6300f desktop which came with Vista Home Premium installed. I didn't care for Vista so when I discovered that some of my favorite PC games were not compatible, I downgraded to XP Pro sp3. I have managed to solve all of my driver issues with XP, except one. I have no sound from my speakers.
In my Device Manager, under Sound, video, & game controllers-I have the yellow exclamation mark next to Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus. I have tried to uninstall and I get a message that it "Failed to uninstall the device. The device may be required to boot up the computer." When I clicked on 'Update Driver', NOTHING happened. If I right click on the device, open properties, then click on 'Reinstall Driver', again, nothing happens. This is a list of ALL the information listed about this device:

Properties--General
Device type: Sound, video and game controllers
Manufacturer: Unknown
Location: Location 65535 (Internal High Definition Audio Bus)
Device status: The driver for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

Properties--Driver
Driver Provider: Unknown
Driver Date: Not available
Driver Version: Not available
Digital Signer: Not digitally signed
Driver Details: No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device.

Properties--Details
Device Instance Id:
>HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_10EC0888 &REV_1000\4&3F30E8C&0&0001

Hardware Ids:
>HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_10EC0888 &REV_1001
>HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_10EC08 88

Compatible Ids:
>HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&REV_1001
>HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10ECDEV_0888
>HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC
>HDAUDIO\FUNC_01

Enumerator:
>HDAUDIO

Devnode Flags:
>DN_HAS_PROBLEM
>DN_DISABLEABLE
>DN_NT_ENUMERATOR
>DN_NT_DRIVE

ConfigFlags:
>CONFIGFLAG_FAILEDINSTALL

Class Installer:
>MmSys.Cpl,MediaClassInstaller

Current Power State:
>D3

Power Capabilities:
>PDCAP_D0_SUPPORTED
>PDCAP_D3_SUPPORTED
>PDCAP_WAKE_FROM_D3_SUPPORTED

Power State Mappings:
>S0->D0
>S1->Unspecified
>S2->Unspecified
>S3->D3
>S4->D3
>S5->D3
There are 24 headings under the 'Property--Details' tab. Ten of them are listed above followed by the details they contain. The other 14 have no details listed.

For the past week I have searched the web without luck, looking for the drivers that will resolve this issue. I discovered that a lot of people have the same issue but no one seem to have a solid solution.
I even tried a couple of the driver scanners. Uniblue Driver Scanner said I wasn't missing any drivers. The other one listed a Realtek driver file to download but when I tried to install it, I received an error message that it could not install because it was not the correct file.
Will someone out there please help me???