Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old December 15th, 2006, 03:45 PM

Browser can't accept cookies??

I can't access websites that require me to sign in for example hotmail, amazon, ebay, etc. I think I may have picked up a virus that stops my browser from accepting cookies. System restore doesn't fix the problem. I'd prefer not to have to reinstall completely if possible. Any ideas?
Thanks. Alex
Old December 15th, 2006, 05:41 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Your settings commonly prevent the cookies, if you are using Internet Explorer. Try examining your settings carefully. It could take an hour.
Or use Firefox.
Old December 15th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Since the problem seems to be with accessing secure sites, check out the possible solutions on this page.

If none of those work and you think it might be a malware problem, read this post about how to get and use Hijack This.

Once you have a Hijack This log, don't try to fix anything, just start a new thread in the Cyber Safety forum and paste your Hijack This log in for the experts there to analyze and help you get rid of the malware.

Please do not post your log here. Please post your log in the Cyber Safety forum forum.

Cyber Safety is always busy but they will get to you. Please be patient.
Old December 18th, 2006, 05:53 PM

x

Thanks i've posted in the cyber safety forum.
x