Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old August 19th, 2015, 01:53 PM

Windows 10 Question

Hello
When I first downloaded Windows 10 I had some issues with a few Apps after trying to work them out I decided to roll back to Windows 8.1
After making some changes I downloaded Windows 10 again but still had some issues so I again rolled back to windows 8.1 I was thinking that may be I had a bad down load so I ran disk clean up and removed all of the windows 10 files so it would start fresh. I now have down loaded Windows 10 a third time and most things seem to work okay But as I had stated in a earlier post My screen savers will not come on. If I remove my Saitek Cessna Pro Flight Yoke they will work.
What I do not under stand is why this problem is in Windows 10 when I did not have this issue in Windows 8.1 By the way this plugs into a USB 2.0 port.
I have contacted the manufacturer and they are working on a driver for it.
My question is are these adds I see about Windows Update drivers worth anything or is this some kind of scheme to get you to pay for the drivers they say they fix.
I think my system has become mixed up and I am not sure if I have the drivers that I need.
Please advise
Thanks
Old August 19th, 2015, 05:36 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Obviously you have identified the problem, and I do not see drivers listed for Windows 10 for your device.

Drivers for basic functions like storage, networking, input, and display come with Windows.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...patCenter/Home

Does not show it is compatible, so you will need a driver from the manufactures site, which you indicate they supposedly are working on.

Most manufactures, when a new operating system is announced start working on updated drivers, most can be gotten through Windows Update, but some must be directly from the manufacture.

It appears that SAITEK is lagging in providing this support.

Some discussion here:

http://www.fsgs.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=375
Old August 19th, 2015, 07:55 PM

Smile

Thanks Murf I had a hunch that was the problem As I stated I have contacted Saitek and they are working on drivers and software for windows 10.
I downloaded the Net4.5 update and will check to see if i have that on my system.
I downloaded the Intel driver update that was mentioned in this post as well
Thanks again Murf.