Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old November 25th, 2013, 07:18 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Cannot download attachments btyahoo

All of a sudden I cannot download attachments on my btyahoo email. I have Windows 7 64bit. I have forwarded to an emergency back-up email address I have with Hotmail.com and I can then download. I saw an item recorded a year or so ago on Google so I have tried re-setting my router and then restarting it (as that seemed to be the solution on that occasion) but with no success this time. Is there anybody else out here with the same problem or does anybody have any bright ideas? Hope I have picked the right forum!
Old November 25th, 2013, 08:05 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
what browser are you using anddid you try another browser to see if it was a browser issue for yahoo?
Old November 25th, 2013, 08:21 PM

bt yahoo problwm

I have IE and Chrome. Same problem on both platforms. I have been in touch with BT and they said to wait 24 to 48 hours and somebody will be in touch. When I had this response (on another issue) before it meant that they were aware of the problem and were working to fix it. Can but hope!
Old November 25th, 2013, 08:59 PM
CTH Subscriber

try going to mail. yahoo.com and sign in bypassing bt. see if you can get your attachments that way.
Old November 26th, 2013, 11:07 AM

Working via yahoo mail WORKS!!!

Thanks renegade 600. The download works when I enter my email account via Yahoo website as opposed to BTYahoo! Don't know why but it does. One of life's mysteries. I had an on-line chat with BT help last night and they said they would be back in touch within 48 hours. I suspect that is to be translated as, "We know there's a problem and we are working on it!".

BT have been in touch now and say that the problem arises out of the transfer of email facilities from yahoo to the BT portal. The transfer of email accounts is expected to finish during December and they ask for patience in the meantime. They too say to log in via Yahoo as opposed to the btYahoo portal until the transfer takes place and this will overcome the problem. So, case closed for now. Thank you to everyone who has helped with this. Renegade 600 seems to have got it right but all contributions have been valuable.

Last edited by englandjeff; November 26th, 2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Extra information
Old November 26th, 2013, 11:31 PM
CTH Subscriber

glad it worked and thanks for letting us know.