Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old September 27th, 2006, 07:42 PM

O/S: Linux
Problem: Reinstalling MS Paint

Hi,

As trivial as it sounds, MS Paint seems to have disappeared from my computer. Although it's only a very basic Graphics Editor, I would still find it highly useful to get it back.

To cut a long story short, I recently tried to remove Internet Explorer from my new laptop (as I've always run FireFox since its release).

I've done it this way before. To remove it, I went into the Control Panel, 'Add/Remove Hardware', then 'Add/Remove Windows Components'. I checked Internet Explorer, clicked next and just followed it through.

I restarted my computer and found Internet Explorer gone. I went to use MS Paint, and found that also had vanished, along with a set of Plus! screensavers that came with the computer; this made me feel quite bitter.

Since then, I clicked a link in MSN and Internet Explorer opened it. Thus I am assuming IE is still on my system. Paint and the screensavers are still missing.

The screensavers don't bother me too much, but I would like MS Paint back.
If anyone can offer any help, I would be much obliged.
If anyone can help get the screensavers back (or find a way to get the Aquarium one to me, as I'm rather fond of its therapeutic effects, lol!!!) I would also be much obliged, but the MS Paint dilema is most pressing.

Thank you very much,

Ben
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:59 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Go back into windows components, and double check that everything that want want is checked. Paint is a windows compnent program. Not to mention the fact, even if you delete IE browser, you will not gain any ammount of space from removing it.
Old September 27th, 2006, 09:19 PM

O/S: Linux
Brilliant, it worked!
Thank you SO much!
Old September 27th, 2006, 09:24 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Your welcome.