Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old September 16th, 2007, 07:55 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Analog or digital display

This might sound stupid but I cant find any way to change from analog to digtal for my new monitor. I am using a nvidia 6600 card and a LG L-226WT wide screen display.

I found adigital cable and it wont switch over. I found no setting in the nvidia control panel nor in the monitor. The monitor source button underneath suggests that it switches over to analog but the screen just goes into digital power power saving mode. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance
Bigbadger
Old September 16th, 2007, 08:04 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
If ye means that ye wants t' be using a digital video connection (DVI or HDMI) instead of ye old analog video (VGA), ye needs to be sure that:
1) ye have the video card and monitor connected with the DVI/HDMI cable
2) ye hast put the display on the right input mode
3) ye hast told the graphics drivers utility/Windows display setup that ye wants to use the second output connection. Ye may find that ye needs t' set the Windows display settings (Control Panel->Display->Settings) so's to make monitor 2 the primary. Ye may also discover that simply powering on your vessel with the digital video connected (but without ye analog connected) will automatically use the digital video output.
Old September 17th, 2007, 05:42 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Yuppers

Thine reply hast brought great joy and abundance. I gratefully aknowledge thine knowledge.