Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old September 19th, 2009, 03:58 PM

Exclamation Computer will not boot

My computer is stuck on the black screen it first uses to start the computer (with the grey writing).
It started when I turned it on this morning and it kept loading up but would only open in safe mode, after trying to uninstall my recently uploaded NETGEAR and other programmes to free up some space and try and solve the problem, it kept just shutting down and showing a blue screen.
Now it is stuck on the screen it starts on (black screen with grey writing) with the following information:

Main Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor 3500+ , 1 CPUs
Memory Testing: 3145728K OK
Memory: DDR 333 Single Channel, 64-bit

TCl: 2.5 Trcd: 3 Tras: 7 Trp: 3 (2T Timing)

(and so on)

last bit is where i expect the problem might lie

Keyboard error or no keyboard present

Therefore, trying to get past this screen is impossible, but if there's a keyboard problem then i find it hard t believe because there were problems with the computer from this morning (and then it's suddenly not working)

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old September 19th, 2009, 04:05 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
That is a BIOS problem not necessarily a vista problem. You BIOS isn't recognizing your keyboard. You have a couple options: try the keyboard in a different port in the back (I would start here), resetting you BIOS (it is different for every computer but most of the time you have to open the case and either move a jumper or pull out a battery, read the manual for you computer/motherboard to find out how)

If you can get into the BIOS (either by pressing the delete key or F8, something like that) you could reset it from there. or change it to not halt on any errors, I don't recommend this for long term use but if it allows you to boot up then maybe that is where to start.