Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old September 19th, 2009, 05:04 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Question Google Acceletrator

Hi

When I use the google accelerator to search, its uses google.com. How can I change this so it will search using google.co.uk?

Thanks
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
As I understand it, Google accelerator uses whatever search engine you have set as the default in Internet Explorer settings (and probably set google.com as the default when you installed it).

I use IE8 and in it, click on Tools>Manager Add ons. In the window that opens, in the left-hand pane click on Search Providers. Then a link will appear at the bottom of that window, "Find more search providers."

That opens a web page with various search providers listed. Scroll to the bottom and click on "Create your own search provider." In the page that opens, just follow the instructions to set Google UK as the default

See if that does the trick.