Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old November 9th, 2014, 12:49 AM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
very slow startup

Still having some problems, when i push the button to start my computer, it takes forever, and sometimes just sits here with a black screen. I turn it back off with button, wait a little bit, then turn it back on, eventually i, so far have gotten it to come on. Not sure what could be the cause, sure need help, i have scanned it in safe mode, and it says there's no viruses etc.
Today i was scared the graphics card had gone out. The computer came on, but just black on my monitor, i tapped f8, hoping to bring up safe mode, but it wouldn't even do tht. I left it alone for awhile, ( getting kinda upset, i got layed off my job and can't afford a new one) then i came in, pushed the button and it loaded windows right up.
I was happy, but, i know something isn't right. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kathy
Old November 11th, 2014, 01:23 PM

If no matter which safe mode option you choose, your computer eventually stops, freezes, or restarts on its own, after which you find yourself right back at the start up settings or advanced boot options menu.
Old November 11th, 2014, 05:21 PM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi,
What it is doing now is : When i push the button to start it, sometimes it will work perfect, but alot of times, it will just sit there with a black screen, and never load to the desktop. Also, when i leave it idle for awhile, it goes into sleep mode, and doesn't want to come back to desktop. If you look in my other post, there is a driver issue, but when i went to emachines, i can't get help. I have my cd's that came with the computer. I bought it used, but they had the cd's. This is a vista, and the first one i have ever had, so a little scared to try to reformatt.
Old November 12th, 2014, 05:38 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Click on the start button bottom left corner, go to search, type in msconfig. Now double click on the result. A window will open with several tabs. Click on the start up tab.

Now check the box that says diagnostic start up, then hit apply. Now reboot the computer, a window will come up telling you what you did, check box don't show again, let the computer boot up and see if you have the same problem.