Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old March 7th, 2019, 09:13 PM

how to change computer owner name

windows vista, home premium, sp2
I bought this computer several years ago at a local department store. It must have been previously purchased ad returned because when setting it up, I discovered the previous owner's name. I haven't been bothered by that since it was for my grandchildren's use, but now that I have taken it over, I can't take it any longer!!! The owner/user account name is therefore, incorrect....but since I have been using it, all my settings are under that user name. Is there a way to "EDIT" a user name? If I delete that user account, what happens to all of my customizations, files and folders?
Signed:
Perturbed and Annoyed
Old March 7th, 2019, 10:11 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
see the following. it works with any brand, not just hp

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph05548