Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old January 23rd, 2024, 07:30 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Be Prepared in the US

Warning to my friends in the US. The former Australian Prime Minister has just resigned from Parliament and announced he's taken an out-posted job with a US company. The chap had a checkered reign here in Australia, so watch out:- https://www.theguardian.com/australi...prime-minister
Old January 23rd, 2024, 09:52 PM

O/S: Linux
Good old Sco-Mo maybe he has applied to be right hand man to a fellow orange coloured fascist misogynistic dictator.
Old January 30th, 2024, 02:17 PM

I'll apologize straight out for not doing my homework to find out whether the former PM was/is a left or right leaning politician, nor knowing whether the Guardian is one or the other.

I gather, though, the two of you who have posted here don't much like the former PM's governing methods.

I would suggest, though, that being a prime minister or a president, or any sort of leader of a nation is one nasty bit of work and throw in the many, many hours and I'll give credit to any of those that take that job and do even reasonably decent work.

I sure could never have done that job. Not even close.

Okey-dokey, so the fella is going to go to the U.S. of A. and y'all think that is deserving of a militia guard at the airfield where he lands and hustle him back onto the plane and send him back to Down Under? Of course, he could hurry up and go to Mexico and scoot across the river into Texas. He best hurry, though, as I understand that the Biden fella has finally decided it's time to shut our border. Well, I haven't been in the U.S. of A. in many years, but I'm still a citizen of said nation.

Here in Japan we have a special moat for slowing down folks that want to get in without filing the proper papers first. Contrary to some rumours, the Japanese did not build the moat.

They're renting it from the nation of fin-type swimming owners. Of course, we do have a public relations problem, as we sort of like to eat some of the moat owners.

Last edited by It'sMe; January 30th, 2024 at 02:21 PM.
Old February 1st, 2024, 11:58 AM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sMe View Post
I gather, though, the two of you who have posted here don't much like the former PM's governing methods.
More that he was an erratic sleasebag who justified his actions by divine authority and didn't even tell his own party-room what he was doing.
Old February 3rd, 2024, 07:53 AM

Might I ask either of the other two community citizens here to post actual actions taken by this former Australian PM that rates those descriptions of "sleazebag" or "fascist misogynistic dictator"?

I mean, I have looked at online media stories out of Australia, but not so much the seriously political type stuff. I've actually been quite interested (concerned [recently]) with the PRC's reactions to certain moves made by Australia that the PRC doesn't like.

But other stories have caught my attention, like recent in years you folks down there have had some weird weather. I keep my eye on seismic activity in New Zealand, too.

(In fact, we just had a minor shake here in the Tama area about 40 minutes ago, but where it was centered I haven't checked, yet.)

Anyway, I don't know a heck of a lot, or less, about that former PM fella that y'all obviously don't like and if you could be substantive in your descriptions it would help educate me. Would appreciate the help. Thank you.
Old February 3rd, 2024, 09:22 AM
CTH Subscriber

Read about him here.

Be aware that it was the State Premiers (particularly WA, Qld and SA) who kept the Covid deaths low, ScoMo was of the other opinion on many points and was all for opening the place up.

One of his claims to fame was his Stop the Boats policy which saw potential refugees sent back to hostile countries, leading to their death at the hands of oppressive regimes. All the time while waving his Christian flag.
Old February 3rd, 2024, 09:59 AM

Thank you for the link, but one paragraph there kicked me in the butt, as it highlighted my ongoing memory lapses:

Quote:
In an extraordinary scandal, it was revealed several months later that Mr Morrison had secretly appointed himself to additional ministries while PM. This led to his censure in parliament, a first for a former prime minister.
I remember catching that when reading one of the Australian news media sites back when [not too far back], and I may have even logged that with notes and links for later study. Not sure which house, so which unit that might be on. But until just a short time ago that one didn't come to the front of my brain. Nor days/a week back when I was reading the posts here about the former PM. Three rounds of chemo has caused some really weird stuff with the brain, especially as the third experimental style one was specifically for trouble with a membrane around the brain. Weird stuff.

Anyway, appreciate the link and I will get back to that later in my day. I've got to do a fuel run soon. We may actually get some snow in this area tomorrow.
Old February 3rd, 2024, 04:51 PM

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sMe View Post
Might I ask either of the other two community citizens here to post actual actions taken by this former Australian PM that rates those descriptions of "fascist misogynistic dictator"?
This comment by me was aimed at Trump former US President.
Old February 6th, 2024, 06:36 AM

We should all be prepared... Things are quite bad!!!
Old February 6th, 2024, 09:19 AM

I'd have to agree that there seems to be some serious political polarization at present, but having lived through the 60s to 70s Nam conflict social related anger and the civil rights troubles in that same period of time (roughly), I'm not sure if this present sort of political nastiness we are witnessing is as bad as back in the 60s to 70s.

But the risk that things could get worse is a worry. I get a sense that certain regional judicial officers are stepping into political matters where they should not be, and that could raise tensions quite a lot, if the Supreme Court Justices don't put a stop to it when they issue that rather important ruling about if the judicial branch is allowed to push former President Trump off the ballot this election.

Obviously, I feel in some locales there is some bias in some judicial officials' handling of certain matters related to the former president.

This is a situation that has the potential to spiral out of control very rapidly.

And that very recent attack by migrants in NYC on those two police officers has really added fuel to the fire. And now there is some sort of information coming out that some local government officials are going to be giving migrants pre-paid credit cards and some U.S. citizens are stating that is way too weird; as in 'bad' weird.

Personally, I do not understand the present federal administration's policy of opening up the border to folks in such a way that those folks crossing the border can't be accounted for by some administrative entity at either the federal or state levels. It is very hard to conceive of hundreds of thousands of undocumented non-U.S. citizens being allowed to just freely cross the border. And my using that number may be very low. I haven't done the necessary research to confirm the numbers, but to me hundreds of thousands is plenty too high.
Old February 7th, 2024, 06:28 AM

Im tired of how mean and cruel people are now........

I frankly dont wanna be here anymore........