Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 12th, 2006, 01:14 AM

Computer Wont Get Past Loading Screen!

I turned off my computer and went out for a while and when I came back i'd start it up then this black page would show up saying windows did not start successfully. Then it says start it up in windows mode,safe mode, safe mode with networking, or last known working configuaration. When I would choose one it would go to the windows xp loading screen beep twice then take me back to the same black screen that says it did not start successfuly dont know what wrong anyone know how to fix it or have had the same problem?
Old August 12th, 2006, 09:22 AM

This sounds like a bios error. Do you happen to know what bios your PC uses? You should see a logo during the early stages of the boot process that will say AMI, Phoenix, IBM or something... Each brand of bios uses different beep codes.

Often, two beeps will be a memory error - if you feel reasonably confident about opening the case, you could try reseating the memory chips...