Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Web Development & Graphic Design Problem Solving for Graphic Design, PHP, ASP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML, HTML issues

Topic Tools
Old March 6th, 2006, 05:55 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Question How can I create my own auction control panel? (Like "My eBay")

I have an auction site up and running, but I took it down for a little while because it had a little bit of a complicated interface. So I wanted to create like a little control panel area, like "My eBay." Does that make sense? Lol, I have a hard time explaining things

The auction is in CGI, and all I am curious if I could create a little control panel area. Or better yet, if there is already a premade script that has a little control panel area that I could manipulate to my expectations?

Thank you.
Old March 6th, 2006, 06:09 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
I am going to ask one more time - I asked twice in your other thread. What is the name of the auction script? There may be plugins available for it but we cannot help look without that info.
Old March 6th, 2006, 06:26 AM

Talking hmmm...

lol, sorry... I must not have been paying attention. Well, I purchased the script off of eBay (legally-I have the licsense). Well, I can't find the developer's name in the script. But I did find the same script on eBay. Here is a link to a listing on eBay that shows a pic of the script. Maybe you've seen it before and know who's the devoper. Of course, I just spent the last five minutes looking for the designer, but can't find it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Auction-Script-S...QQcmdZViewItem

P.S. Sorry again for not letting you know. I must not have been paying attention, or forgot.
Old March 6th, 2006, 06:05 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Chances are you're going to have to learn how to change the script yourself, or hire a developer to do it for you. It just looks like some shoddy CGI developer put together a basic package so every Joe computer user can run an auction site, without concern for miniscule things like features or security.
Old March 6th, 2006, 11:19 PM

Yeh, those were kind of my thoughts. Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

Oh... and Renagade, I'm sorry for not answering to your questions and stuff. Like I've said now for a while, just must not have been paying attention. lol, it runs in the family.
Old March 7th, 2006, 04:51 PM

BTW, I know I already asked this but I'll do it again... Just in case Well, is there like somekind of premade control panel (or membercenter) script that I can view as an example of what I should do? I know I can create my own, but I would like to have an example of one, because that's the best way I learn.
Old March 7th, 2006, 06:17 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Not that I know of. You're going to have to learn the language either way, so you'll be better off starting from scratch than jumping straight in to a major example and trying to apply it to your own needs. You'll be wanting to build it one feature at a time, rather than trying to do it all at once. Eg, get login working, then get the member page working (with access to all the member's details on the database), then work on how you'll let members customize their stuff. You're going to have to integrate it into what you've already got, and viewing an example script isn't going to help much with that.