Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old December 24th, 2005, 06:36 AM

Unhappy Lsass.exe unable to locate component

I have Windows XP, 60GB HDD. I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary, just left the room, and came back in to a rebooted computer, at a screen wanting me to insert my system disk. Well, I've tried a number of things, and all end up at the same thing. I end up with an error window saying in the menu bar "lsass.exe unable to locate component" and message box saying "this application has failed to start because" and then nothing else except the ok button. I have tried safe mode, repair console, debugging mode, setup, and even tried copying the file from the system disk to the system32 file. Does anyone have any suggestions other than formating, to fix this problem? I have searched the forum, and the internet, and have found nothing more besides that one suggestion. I've repaired my comp several times without formating, when sometimes I've been told that's all I could do, so I won't give up easily! I'm really beginning to hate Windows XP! It has a mind of it's own! Thank you for taking the time to help me.
Old December 31st, 2005, 05:15 AM

Still Need Help With This

Still having problem, but no reply. If possible, could someone please help?
Thanks,
starblonde13
Old July 5th, 2007, 09:18 PM

i also have this problem, it wont let me get into windows xp at all so i cant even put my important files onto a disk. For that reason i dont want to reformat my harddrive and re install windows. ive tried repairing off the xp disk but that doesnt work because when it restarts to complete the repair the error message comes up again and prevents it from completing

it seems to be a different problem to the other isass.exe problems posted.
the message says: isass.exe - Unable to locate component, before the desktop appears, then when you click anything the computer shuts down.

can any one help, even if its just a way of getting files onto a disk without needing windows so i wont lose things if i reformat (its a laptop so only has a cd drive, not a floppy)
Old July 5th, 2007, 09:27 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
I would suggest that you try the following. Please read the instructions carefully. If this does not help the only other option that you have is to reformatt. Goodluck.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;307545

Nosliw,

Quote:
i also have this problem, it wont let me get into windows xp at all so i cant even put my important files onto a disk.
To get your files off your computer you will need to get BartsPE Bootdisk or Ultimate CD for Windows (UB4CD). Google either one of those and create you a disk. Then you will be able to copy the files off your harddrive to another drive.

Last edited by Cibertec; July 5th, 2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old July 6th, 2007, 06:36 PM

ok thanks ill try that
Old July 9th, 2007, 08:28 PM

I am having this same problem except it wont let windows start...Im so very lost here....

I get the message lsass.exe unable to locate component and a exception processing message???

can anyone help me
Thanks
Old July 17th, 2007, 11:02 PM

Well nothing seemed to work for me, i just had to re install windows. All the solutions i found all required still being able to get onto the computer