Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Linux

Notices

Linux Problem solving for all open source distributions of Linux, such as Debian/Ubuntu, Fedora, RedHat, Suse, Mandriva and other proprietary unixes such as Solaris, SGI Irix. Newbie friendly too!

Topic Tools
Old October 10th, 2015, 05:31 AM

O/S: Linux
Debian 8 problem

Hi All,
I am running Debian 8 on a hp small form factor machine .Every thing is fine with the exception of if I plug in a usb other than my wireless adapter preboot (camera, data, etc.) the machine "forgets" the screen resolution giving a lessor one than I require. I did edit xrandr to include 1920x1080x 60 which fixed the problem except for when a usb device (other than the wireless adaptor) is inserted.
I guess the simple answer is to not use the usb ports until the full boot string has taken place.
I wonder if any one has an alternate view on why this event occurs...
Old October 13th, 2015, 04:35 AM

Hmmmn! Might have solved this. Had a problem with memory mis-calculation found that bank three was not working and if a ddr was introduced then a total boot fail occurred. I removed the mm from bank three and boot returned to normal ( after a f1 accept changes). My guess is the main board is cracked or faulty in some other way..
Old October 26th, 2015, 09:03 AM

Solved...........
I edited the "xrandr" file. Takes a longer route by going through all the potential resolutions but gets to the right one in the end...