Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old November 15th, 2003, 08:54 AM

a search program

HI! i would like to ask you please recommend a freeware application taht can search your hard disk for existing files the way like windows search is. Please help. thanks a lot!!! Thanks you!!
Old November 15th, 2003, 12:55 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
If you want a freeware search just like windows search, why can't you use windows search? Looking for a specific feature??? And which windows search are you talking about - win3.1 maybe???
Old November 15th, 2003, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600
If you want a freeware search just like windows search, why can't you use windows search? Looking for a specific feature??? And which windows search are you talking about - win3.1 maybe???
no cuz my search companion in winxp is DEAD it wont function well. i even followed greta's suggestion( i made a thread like this in winxp forum) and well i really cant repair it so i will just resort to an applciation that does it the way winxp search can search your hrad disk for files.
Old November 15th, 2003, 02:33 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Now I am a little confused. Are you talking about windows search (start - search) or explorer search - the search column that appears on the left side your browser? I just went back and read the thread you mentioned and it seems to be refering to browser search.
Old November 15th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
If it's the Windows search that won't work, you can download and install Agent Ransack, which you can get here.

You can also download and run "fixwinhelp.vbs" from this Doug Knox page which will probably fix the Windows' search companion problem.
Old November 16th, 2003, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz
If it's the Windows search that won't work, you can download and install Agent Ransack, which you can get here.

You can also download and run "fixwinhelp.vbs" from this Doug Knox page which will probably fix the Windows' search companion problem.
ok ill definitely try that vbs fileyou are saying and thank you for referring that i will try it out immediately thanks!!
Old November 17th, 2003, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz

THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS HELP I NOW HAVE THAT SEARCH BAR!!! thank you so much that vbs solved the problem!!!! thanks!!!!