Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old January 27th, 2011, 09:49 PM

Printer preferences

I'm not really sure if this is a Windows issue or a printer software issue. I've set my printer preferences to print multiple pages from back to front to avoid having to resort script sized documents.

The problem is that the printer software.....or Windows.......reverts back to the default which is front to back. If I simply open the printer preferences box it does what it's supposed to do.........for maybe 2 print jobs.

Windows XP SP2
HP Deskjet D4160 Printer

Any help would be appreciated

Bob H
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:03 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
That's normal, or at least it always has been on every printer I've used.
If you want to change any of the defaults, you have to change them each time you do a print job.

The only way around that is to set up a "profile" of preferred settings in the printer driver, give that profile a suitable name, then choose that profile when you want the printer to use those settings.

On my Canon printer it's called a profile (essentially it's just a list of user presets), on your HP printer it may be called something else but it serves the same purpose.
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:26 PM

The global Advanced Printing Preferences lists under Layout Options.......Page Order...back to front. So, theoretically that means that the 'profile' of preferred settings is already in place and the printer should act accordingly.......not so.

Bob H