Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old March 13th, 2008, 03:44 AM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Vista Updates.

I have been getting one to three updates on several days since the beginning of March. Seems to be much more activity than the regular monthly security fixes. Some require re-starts, some not.

I am set for automatic updating. Is Microsoft downloading SP1 in bits and pieces?.

Comments will be appreciated.
Old March 13th, 2008, 06:11 AM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Is Microsoft downloading SP1 in bits and pieces?.
I update manually rwt325 so I havent noticed any increase in frequency however I can tell you that SP1 has not been released to the public yet and it will be delivered in one hit.
Old March 13th, 2008, 04:43 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
In USA Today this morning, I just read an article by Ed Baig (his usual Thursday 'techie' column) on the VISTA SP1 Upgrade - take a look, if interested - his experience was a little frightening for 'what' was delivered - claims the release will occur next week!
Old March 13th, 2008, 11:14 PM
CTH Subscriber

Let's look on the bright side Dave. The service pack fixes iTunes installation issues.
Old March 14th, 2008, 12:49 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
Let's look on the bright side Dave. The service pack fixes iTunes installation issues.
Hello, AnnMarie - well, not sure 'what' to do yet - don't use iTunes, so not an issue - may be I'll sip on some New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc (one of my favorite wines, BTW!) before making a decision? Dave
Old March 14th, 2008, 12:57 AM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by giradman View Post
don't use iTunes, so not an issue
LOL, neither do I.

Enjoy your vino.
Old March 14th, 2008, 03:49 AM

Thank's Everybody for your comments. Look forward to iTunes fix, had not been able to use iTunes properly since switching to Vista, and my wife's iPod has not been updated for months. Having said that I would love to dump iTunes altogether as I have not liked it when it worked right in XP, and use some Windows based program to download tunes and data to the IPod. Is there such a program?.
Old March 14th, 2008, 04:16 AM
CTH Subscriber

There are iTunes alternatives rwt325 (just run a Google search for iTunes alternatives) but not being an iTunes user, I cant tell you whether or not the software is effective.