Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old December 27th, 2005, 06:08 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
cannot complete winxp setup-PLZ HELP

Okay I got a bunch of problems going on with this pc. I want to format the hdd and I am trying to do so with my winxp cd. The problem is an error message that tells me I am unable to complete setup due to a missing INF on line 15 (yesterday said line19) This happens at the very beginning after I give the COA number and the pc restarts. Please help.
Old December 27th, 2005, 06:39 PM
CTH Subscriber

Which computer? And after the restart are you not hitting the key to boot from cd again? You only need to do that once at the very beginning.
Old December 27th, 2005, 07:03 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
it boots up to where it left off in setup to the part where it says Setup is now checking your hardware configuration. then it goes on to say that setup cannot continue because of the missing or corrupt inf and to press any key to continue which brings me back to windows.