Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old January 28th, 2006, 11:01 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Power supply fan Noise

Hi my fan on my power supply is starting to become noisy, particularly when my system is starting up. It goes back to normal after a while. What could be causing it? I have tried cleaning the fan using a compressed gas duster. I cleaned a lot of dust out, but it still didnt work!

Any solutions to sorting it. Im scared of messing too much with the power supply

Craig
Old January 28th, 2006, 11:04 PM

Id say replace the PS- they're not very expensive and pretty easy to replace yourself
Old January 28th, 2006, 11:14 PM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Replacing power supply

Are they easy? is it a case of taking the old one out and whacking a new none in lol. If its easy i will look into it.

Craig